Sundays at 10 am in person or online
In 1865, Joseph Kershaw and his wife Sarah began what was known as the Gate City Mission in east Florence. Meetings were held in their home while worship services were held in the yard under a brush arbor. From this humble beginning, Cumberland United Methodist Church was formed. In May 1866, a 75 x 275-foot parcel of land was purchased on Coit Street for $195 (approx. $2,800 today). That August, the first building to be known as Cumberland was built.